This is a fine art card an original felting inspired by a particular sparrow looking down onto the allotments close to my home. It is also inspired by the line from Shakespeare’s Hamlet – ‘There is special providence in the fall of a sparrow’ – Act V. sc. ii…
The card measures 15 x15cms and is printed on 100% recycled Cocoon 350g (in cellophane with envelope).
The original was created firstly with wet-felted base layers and then further layers of needle-felting and fibres were added for depth and texture. Finally, I embellished with stitching and beading.
It’s so wonderful that the giclée process retains excellent details of the original. Many customers in the galleries where I sell my work have commented that the prints look 3D and very touchable, as though you could feel the fibres 🙂
**Gift wrapping service also available on request for a small extra fee **
Excellent quality giclee prints also available of this piece.
*Created in a smoke-free home.
Please do contact me for further details.
Giclée printing is a process that uses fade-resistant, archival inks and archival substrates to print on large format printers. Giclée printing is often used by artists to make reproductions of their original artwork for resale, while preserving the original.
The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (c.1599)
Hamlet’s response to Horatio, Act V, scII
Shakespeare (1564 – 1616)
HAMLET: There’s a special providence in the fall
of a sparrow. If it be now, ‘tis not to come; if it be not to come, it
will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all:
since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is’t to leave
betimes? Let be.
Living on the wild and beautiful peninsula of West Penwith in Cornwall, UK, surrounded by the sea, I am constantly inspired by the seasons, the weather, the land and seascapes…tiny details of colour, shadows and patterns in rocks, plants, clouds and the many birds and wildlife. I am also fascinated by the energy of the landscape and its effect on the senses.
I’ve been teaching English Literature for 14 years but have recently hoped very much to dedicate more time to exploring and developing my artwork. I love to combine poetry with my work and am often inspired by lines in poetry and novels and the ‘colour’ of words as well as the rhythms, resonance and shapes of certain words together. I also like to ‘paint’ conversations and their movement and energies.
I was drawn to felting from knitting and crochet and practising with flowers, to experimenting with landscapes and sketching and love the way they grow, evolve and develop by an almost transformative magic. The colours and effects can be surprising and the layering of wet-felting and needle-felting, free from rules, can create very subtle depths. Making mistakes often results in happy accidents and the process for me is such a heartfelt one too and always one of celebration.
I am learning about ethical fleeces, different fibres and textures and their effects and also combining unusual embellishments, as well as beads, sequins, wire and stitching. In looking forward to further exploration and new paths, my dream would be to develop my work into a full-time business. I have gained so much confidence with three local exhibitions, and with selling original work, cards and prints on a regular basis.
My work can currently be seen at Morvah Schoolhouse Gallery, near Zennor, Cornwall, The Blue Bramble Gallery, St Ives, Cornwall and Strandline Gallery, Marazion, Cornwall.
**Please also visit my website
**And my Facebook page for regular updates :-)
** The Shipping automatically charges just once if you buy more than one of the same card.
When you add different cards, new shipping is added.
***Please contact me before checkout*** and we can arrange it so that you only pay shipping once when you order a mix of cards or a mix of cards with a print.
We can work it out J
Shipping and Policies
- I aim to ship all orders within 3 business days and normally send orders on the day of purchase if I can. Sometimes I sell out of prints and will then need to wait for the art printers to make the order and the turnaround for this is 5 – 7 days. I will let you know if this is the case.
- I often use recycled materials when packaging and shipping, as am very keen to reuse quality materials – please let me know if this is a problem and you would prefer new materials.
- I also offer a ‘gift-wrap and send’ service at $4 extra, so I can send a gift to your friend or family member if you let me know their address.
- I aim to make sure all of my items reach you in perfect condition and take extra care packaging my work.
- The buyer is responsible for any extra custom fees/taxes. Please be aware of your country’s import regulations.
- Items will be shipped after payment is received.
- UK postage is all first class and outside the UK is standard airmail unless otherwise specified. Neither of these are trackable so if this is what you would rather, please get in touch and I can work out the extra cost.
- If you are unhappy with your purchase please let me know as soon as possible and I will try to fix the problem or refund you – I really hope to always have happy customers :-)
In accordance with my rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you are entitled to return goods with 14 days of the date of purchase, if you wish to return the goods.