Here is Eliot the Asparagus Beetle in the form of an adorable tiny stitchable DIY kit!
This embroidery kit is perfect for anyone from beginners to experienced stitchers, and I’d particularly recommend it for ‘ambitious beginners’, which is what I always was – i.e. if you don’t have much experience but you want to dive in and experiment with long and short stitch, color mixing, and covering surfaces with thread, this is the kit for you!!
Basic set –
– One piece of organic hemp fabric with design printed in full color
– DMC embroidery floss in assorted colors
– Glass and crystal beads
– One wooden hoop (3 inch diameter – tiny, adorable, and manageable in size!)
– One embroidery needle (John James no. 7)
– One beading needle (John James no. 10)
– Neat instructions booklet
Fancy set –
All of the above, plus –
– Fancy embroidery scissors (stork/ crane-shaped – purple, blue, or gold)
– Round piece of felt for finishing off the back of the hoop
– Silk ribbon for hanging up your finished hoop (100% pure Japanese filament silk – lovely!)
The fancy set makes an amazing gift for someone who is just getting excited about embroidery and still doesn’t have a huge pile of various tools! Or for anyone who, like me, is totally in love with these purple and blue stork scissors.
The basic set is great for those who have loads of their own stitching supplies and just want a fun and pretty new project to work on.
SUITABLE FOR ANYONE!
The design is made to be flexible and suit the needs of any stitcher:
– Beginners can use the back stitch to outline shapes, or choose small areas of the design to focus on – since the design is printed in full color, it will still look beautiful and complete even if you only embroider one section!
– Ambitious beginners (this is you if you don’t have much experience but you’re immediately drawn to try the most complex patterns and can’t imagine yourself bothering with an ‘easy’ project – believe me, friend, I feel you!) can dive in and practice some color blending and mixing beading with embroidery – because the original art is a watercolor piece there are no strict lines to follow, and any slight mistakes are painlessly glossed over.
– Intermediate and advanced stitchers can practice more complex threadpainting and color blending techniques, experiment with different approaches for achieving the metallic effect on the beetle’s wings, and add their own interpretations to the piece.
MAKES A CUTE DECORATION – OR A PERFECT GIFT 🙂
The finished design is tiny and adorable!!! The hoop is just 3” across, meaning it’s easy to find room for it on your shelf, or on your wall. You can finish the piece using the hoop as a frame, you can frame it , or you can applique it on a piece of clothing, a cushion, a lamp shade…. Personally I think it would look amazing appliqued onto a skirt pocket.
It makes a great gift for a crafty friend while it’s still in kit form, or the perfect gift-from-the-heart for a non-crafty friend, if you stitch it yourself and give it to them as your own lovingly hand-crafted work! It’s an inexpensive and perfectly unique birthday or Christmas gift.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
The kits come packed in a pretty kraft box with a clear window, so the cuteness is immediately apparent 🙂 The box will be safely wrapped in bubble-wrap and then inserted into a sturdy cardboard mailing box, guaranteeing safe delivery.
They’re ready to go and will ship within one to three days from the date of purchase, to any part of the world. They will arrive within one to four business days if you’re in North America, and within one to three weeks if you’re anywhere else. (If you live outside of North America and would like your package to be shipped with tracked shipping, let me know.)
Feel free to convo me with any questions or special requests 🙂